Wed, 25 November 2015
Michigan Man Extra: In 1971 Michigan trailed Ohio State late in the game. With just minutes remaining, and Michigan down 7-3, the Wolverines drove to the Ohio State 21. From there we all remember Bob Ufer's call. Cipa rolls to the right, he pitches to Taylor. He's down to the 15, 10, 5, 4, touchdown Billy Taylor! Touchdown Billy Taylor! Michigan won that game 10 to 7 and clinched an outright Big 10 Championship. Not long after that iconic moment in Michigan Football history, life began spiraling out of control for Billy Taylor. His story is one of glory, failure, addiction, and faith. Dr. Billy Taylor "Got Back Up", and has made a difference in this world. He is my guest today.
Join us tomorrow for our Visitors Edition. My guest will be longtime Buckeye beat writer Tim May from The Columbus Dispatch. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. GO BLUE!
Tue, 10 November 2015
1) The View From Section 17: We're in the hunt in The Big 10 East!
2) Gameday: Senior Editor Chris Balas from The Wolverine.com is with me.
3) Quick Hits: Injury update and gameday notes.
Hoosier radio voice Don Fischer will be my guest on Thursday's Visitor's Edition. Don't forget to join us. GO BLUE!
Thu, 5 November 2015
1) The View From Section 17: It looks like Jake Rudoch will be ready for Saturday.
2) Visitors segment: Rutgers radio voice Chris Carlin joins me to preview Saturday's game.
3) Wolverine Quick Hits: Injury update and gameday notes.
On Tuesday my guest will be The Senior Editor of The Wolverine.com, Chris Balas. Thursday we'll hear from the legendary voice of Indiana football and basketball, Don Fischer. Have a great Wolverine week everyone. GO BLUE!
Tue, 27 October 2015
1) The View From Section 17: How was your "improvement" week?
2) Gameday: Associate Editor Michael Spath from The Wolverine Magazine joins me to discuss the bye week and look ahead to Saturday's battle for The Little Brown Jug.
3) Wolverine Quick Hits: Injury update and Thursday program reminder.
Website: www.maizenbrew.com Listener Line: 313 263-4842 Open 24/7 for your calls. Email: themichiganmanpodcast.com
We'll be back on Thursday with our Visitors Edition. My guest will be Golden Gopher radio play by play voice Michael Grimm. GO BLUE!
Thu, 22 October 2015
In Michigan Football circles he is simply known a The Beav! If you read John U Bacon's Endzone you are familiar with his role in convincing Jim Harbaugh to come home. Jay Flannelly is my guest today on Michigan Man Extra. He talks about his friend Tom Brady, and how he enlisted his help in bringing Harbaugh back to Ann Arbor. He also talks about his World Series bound Mets, and his dislike of last Saturday's opponent, the Michigan State Spartans.
We'll be back on Tuesday with our Gameday Edition as we prepare for a Halloween night game with The Golden Gophers. Enjoy the bye week! GO BLUE!
Tue, 20 October 2015
1) The View From Section 17: Still in shock, but moving forward.
2) Game Day: Michigan great Greg Skrepenak joins me to lament Saturday's finish, recap the first half of the season, and look ahead.
3) Quick Hits: Closing thoughts and a preview of Thursday's Michigan Man Extra.
We'll be back on Thursday with another Michigan Man Extra. My guest will be The Beav, Jay Flannelly. GO BLUE!
Thu, 8 October 2015
The View From Section 17: Are we in for a low scoring affair on Saturday?
Visitors Segment: Dave Eanet, the radio play by play voice of Northwestern Football says this is the best Wildcat defense he's seen in 20 years. He joins me this week to preview Saturday's game.
Quick Hits: Injury update and gameday notes.
Next week we get ready for a visit from Sparty! Tuesday we'll air the Gameday show, then on Thursday our Spartan Visitors segment. Don't forget to join us. GO BLUE!
Thu, 1 October 2015
1) Hurricane could impact Saturday nights B10 opener at Maryland.
2) Radio Hall of Famer and Maryland play by play voice Johnny Holliday is my guest.
3) Game Day Quick Facts.
We'll be back on Tuesday to recap Maryland and look ahead to a visit from Northwestern. GO BLUE!
Thu, 24 September 2015
On Saturday The University of Michigan Athletic Department will recognize one of their All Time greats. This December Wolverine great Rob Lytle will officially be inducted into college football's Hall of Fame. Saturday at the BYU game Michigan will honor Rob Lytle and his family. My guest today is Rob's son Kelly Lytle. Author of To Dad, From Kelly.
To Dad, From Kelly is available at The M Den, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and at www.kellylytle.com. Get a copy for a Wolverine fan in your life. It's a great read! I'll be back on Tuesday to recap the BYU game, and look ahead to our Big 10 opener with Maryland. GO BLUE!
Tue, 22 September 2015
1) View From Section 17: Harbaugh says Jake is the man, and it's not even close!
2) Gameday: Wolverine Magazine Editor John Borton recaps UNLV & scouts BYU.
3) Quick Hits: Injury update & programming notes for this week.
On Wednesday we'll have our visitors segment with BYU radio voice Greg Wrubell. Then on Thursday Kelly Lytle joins me on a Michigan Man Extra to discuss his Dad being honored at this weekends games. GO BLUE!